Exotic Pet Care
We see more than cats and dogs.
Before choosing small mammals, birds, and reptiles as pets, it’s important to do as much research as possible. These animals have many different needs that cats and dogs, and it’s important to plan for those needs.
Specialty services for your exotic pets.
Regardless of species, we recommend annual wellness exams for every patient. Exotic pet care exams include a complete health check and conversation regarding husbandry, nutrition, handling, habitat and other factors that determine their quality of life. If you notice any sign of disease or illness in your bird, reptile or small mammal, please bring it to our attention immediately. What appears to be a minor infection or a small cold can escalate very quickly.
Additional services we offer include:
- Spaying/neutering for rabbits and ferrets
- Adrenal gland removal
- Soft tissue and some orthopedic surgeries
- Blood testing and X-rays
- Beak, nail and wing trimming for birds
- Teeth trims for rabbits and guinea pigs
- Nail trims for small mammals
- Care for sick and/or injured pets